Tuesday, October 16, 2018

36 Year Old WIP

I made progress on finishing one of my projects.  This may be one of my oldest WIPS!  I started it when I was in high school.  I bought this kit when I worked at Gold Circle (such a great store in it's day.)  That was back in 1982!!!  Yes, a 36 year old WIP! 

 
I completed most of the cross stitch in 1982 and 1983 on and off while waiting to go to work.  I LOVE how detailed my work was back then.  These stitches are tiny.  It says, "A friend is someone who knows you are not perfect, but treats you as if you were."
 
I remember that this had a plastic heart-shaped frame.  I didn't care much for the frame.  I probably still have it somewhere.  I am going to make it a mini quilt and hang it on the wall...eventually.
 
I guess our son had other ideas on what we were doing this weekend.  He brought all his arts & craft things from his room upstairs and put them on the kitchen table--right after I cleaned it, of course. 

2 comments:

Teresa said...

A sweet sentiment and oh so true

Lisa J. said...

It looks like the apple has not fallen far from the tree.