Saturday, June 2, 2018

Eyeball Eggs? Emma the Duck

Look, eyeball eggs!  Okay, they really aren't eyeballs.  I marked these duck eggs with a bingo dobber because I don't want the hatch to be too big.

 
My duck, Emma, has set a nest of eggs.  Here she is so pretty.  She leaves the nest briefly to get food and water and go for a little swim.  Here feathers are really light grey and white.  They are showing up much darker in the photo below.  Doesn't she look happy.  I think she likes having her pic taken.

 
 

2 comments:

Kevin the Quilter said...

I recently got rid of my ducks. There was NO market at all for their eggs as I had first thought. What breed of duck is this? She is certainly beautiful!

Kathy S. said...

She is an Ancona duck. We eat the duck eggs. I have friends that bake a lot. I seriously don't need 8 ducklings. I'm hoping to re-home them in pairs. We don't eat duck here. As you know, the ducklings grow so fast. I will have parents bringing over little kids for photos that first week.