Thursday, June 7, 2018

Fieldcrossing -- Royal Wedding Quilt Inspiration

I was surfing the pages of my reading list and came upon a quilting blogger from the UK that blogs at The Lilac Cat.  She called it the Royal Wedding quilt because she was watching the Royal Wedding on tv as she was working on the quilt.  The original pattern you can get for free is available at Cloud 9 Fabric site is called Fieldcrossing Quilt.
I was messing around with my Accuquilt dies because I'm lazy because I'm a productive cutter and used my Accuquilt GO! Value Die to cut six HST and one 2.5" square.  I put them together like this:

 
The pieces made my brain work to make sure I sewed the right side of the HST to the next piece.  This is a small block.  I'll have to decide what size pieces to put between them to make a cute baby quilt.  Another one of our speech therapists is pregnant.  It would make a cute gift.  I really like the on-point setting of the original quilt.  I don't like cutting odd sized pieces.  I LOVE to use my Accuquilt stuff with scraps!


3 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

You certainly are a versatile quilter and willing to work on any kind of technique! Enjoy following your quilting adventures.

Kathy S. said...

I love to learn new things, Linda! Thanks for stopping by. Hope you are having a great summer. :)

vaiybora said...

wow !!! beautiful and so lovely work :) i really like your good idea so much.Thank for sharing.

ดูหนัง