Friday, February 6, 2015

Friday Finish -- Hip to Be Square Challenge with Pat Sloan

This little quilt was part of the Hip To Be Square Challenge with Pat Sloan.  It was made with my "ugly" 2" square bin.  You can read more about the challenge here.  Mine measures 43" x 57.  It's a perfect charity quilt for my guild. I'm linking up on Pat Sloan's Blog here.    Check out all the others!

 
The back was just a stash buster for me.  I tried to use kid-type novelty prints.
 
 
I quilted i wih Circle Lord Egyptian Eye pattern.  Check out some of he ugly squares -- Cats with Christmas hats, half of a blind mouse, cats with watering cans, fishing lures, thanksgiving blessings, sculls, a barn, pumpkins, a funky fish.. Yikes!!!  I mixed the uglies with some solids or TOT to give them some sort of unity.  I love the bright solids that I used here and there mixed in with the uglies (such as the bright pink one in the grey block.)


This little challenge was fast and fun.  Linking up with Pat Sloan's blog.  Search #Hiptobesquare.
 
 
Also linking my finish with Richard and Tanya at Link-a-Friday Finish.
 
 

3 comments:

Julianne said...

I love it!

Andee said...

Those ugly squares look great in a quilt!

Michele said...

Nicely done.