Friday, January 17, 2014

Friday Finish -- Flight

I almost had two finishes today.  I'm excited that I finished this little quilt called Flight.  It measures 43" x 60".  I quilted it using Circle Lord Swirls.  The triangles for the geese pieces were in the scrap bin after I abandoned the Downton Abbey QA.  It went together quite quickly.

Here's the back:

 
Okay... I really wanted one of those pictures where everything is yucky in the background with a bright quilt in the winter scene...  I'm not a photographer.  LOL.
 

I got the inspiration for Flight last week at Molly Flander's Makerie blog.

I ALMOST finished my 2013 BOM Quilt with Quilt Doodle Designs.  You'll have to wait until my moment in the spotlight on Monday on that one.  I will most likely finish it today.  It will be featured here on my blog on Monday, January 20, 2014.  You can check out all the cool finishes with this quilt along during the blog hop this weekend!
Here's the blog hop schedule:

January 18th
January 19th
January 20th

I'm happy to link up today's finish with Richard and Tanya Quilts for the Link-A-Finish FRIDAY.
 
I'm also linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts:
 
 
I'm also linking up with Elizabeth at Such a Sew and Sew. for the January Finishes Linky Party.
 

3 comments:

Jayne said...

Very nice. I love all the negative space and the color...perfection!

Sara said...

Love the background color choice with the orange geese floating freely!!

Elizabeth said...

I love this quilt! Flying Geese are my favorite and the simple design and pretty colors make this quilt awesome. (Also, there is a Downton Abbey QA? Too funny. Using the DA inspired fabrics, I'm sure). Congrats on a great finish and thank you for linking up!

xo -E