Friday, January 18, 2013

Another New Project, Of Course

Our son is growing up; he's 5 1/2 now.  This week we moved him into a big bed because he was touching both ends of his train bed (crib matress size).  He was so excited about his new bed.  Sadly when I was making his new bed and tried to put his Whinnie The Pooh blanket on it as his comfort item he told me that he was "big" and the blanket was "for a baby".  The good news is that he needs lots of quilts now.  I'm going to try to quilt my jelly roll race quilt from 2011 quilted.  It will be one of my first long arm projects. 

I have been waiting to make him a special quilt.  I started one from the book "More Quick Rotary Cutting Quilts by Pam Bono Designs.  I'm not sure what is so "quick" about.  It's all pieced with zero applique.  I spent over eight hours cutting three of the fabrics.  Whew.  I have two more fabrics to cut.  At least I can get started of some of the blocks.  Here's quick look:

 
The little snack bag has (128) 1" squares.  Hmmm.  Wonder when this one's gonna get done.







No comments: