Wednesday, May 9, 2012

WIP Wednesday 5.9.12

This week I finished my Block Lotto Pineapple Blossom quilt!  It's 82" x 92".  Here's the front:


Here's the very pieced back (it's growing on me):


Here's the label (but I covered my last name just because...)

I did two simple 9-patches for my local quilt guild.  Every few months there is a theme.  The winner of the previous blocks passes out fabric and tells you what the theme is.  For each block that you make you get an entry into the drawing.  This time the previous winner passed out 4.5" strips of the dot fabric and told us to make a 9-patch using pastels.  Here's my two blocks:


Our quilt show is coming up.  If you're in Ohio, here's the info:  2012_SCRAPS_OF_WIT_&_WISDOM

Speaking of quilt shows, Shiela asked me to spread the word:
The Beaver Valley Piecemakers is a 100 member guild north of Pittsburgh, PA Our 18th Annual Quilt Show is Oct 12th, 13th, and 14th. Our judge is a National Quilt Association judge. Here is the link to all the show's information. http://www.bvpiecemakers.com/page04.html

Next week is packed with appointments.  Pre-school ends 5/30.  I don't see a whole lot of quilting in my future.  I need to be choosy of what gets done at this point.

Completed Projects -- 4

Completed Pineapple Blossom Quilt!
Mailed Block Lotto blocks to the winners
Made two 9-patch blocks for our local guild challenge
Stitched a couple dozen Drunkard's Path sub blocks for another WIP

Currently and SLOWLY in Progress: 8
Chasing Chevrons
Dutchman's Puzzle (changed mind on border and need to think about this one some more.)
Orca Bay (piecing together the last step) (I'm getting tired of moving these bins around.)
Bluepatch Quilter Mystery Quiltalong (need two stars and one braid)
Victorianna Fabric Party Quiltalong (need five rows to catch up)
Summer Series Quiltalong (stilll need more random blocks)
We Can Do It Skill Builder Sampler (need one block to be caught up!)
30"x30" Quilt for the June 2012 quilt show...grrrrrrrrr
Drunkard's Path Quiltalong
Quilt Tops to be quilted: 4

Oh Susannah! Mystery QA -- California King
Kaleidoscope QA
Jelly Roll Race - Lap quilt

Projects on Hold: 3
Flower Basket Quilt
August Block Lotto African Violets baby quilt to be put together
Drunkard's Path Quiltalong



Stop by and see who else has what else going on with Lee at Freshly Pieced!



WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

6 comments:

Betty said...

I like that quilt very much: love the colours! And the white! Great quilt.
As for your list of wip's, you just might top mine ...

FarahLin said...

That quilt is gorgeous! Love the bright colours and love the backing too.

CapitolaQuilter said...

Your Block Lotto Pineapple Blossom is great. It looks like SO many hours into it, oh my I bet you're glad to have the top done. I see you are doing Patchwork Prism too - Wishing you a day filled with Rainbows!

Krista said...

I love your block lotto quilt!

Teresa F. said...

Wonderful. I love your Pineapple blossom quilt. The back looks great,too.

Michele said...

Like!