Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year



Here's a vintage quilt I snagged from my mom's basement.  Nobody really wanted the old rag.  I like it.  It really reminds me of what my grandmother did during her spare time.  I may try to re-create this quilt some day.  My mom turned 80 last week.  My grandma would have been 110.  I'm guessing my grandmother did this when she was about my age.  This quilt was probably done 65 years ago -- 1947.  I'm glad I am learning machie applique with my We Can Do It Skill Builder Sampler.

I'm trying to stay away from anything special quilty-wise.  I don't want to relate any fabric or quilt projects to what I am going through right now.  My mother took a turn for the worse in the long-term care section of the nursing home.  She had only been there a month.  She is now resting peacefully in the local hospital on the 6th floor -- aka "stairway to heaven".  I pray for her comfort and peace.  It was nice to spend all day yesterday with just my mom, two brothers and sister.  We were all there together.  I know the start of 2012 will be bumpy.  But good things are to come.  On a positive note, Happy New Year.  Everything happens for a reason.  You have to have faith.

No comments: