Thursday, July 25, 2019

The Ugly Quilt Has Been Renamed "Cafe' Mocha"

I searched back to October 14, 2012!!! and found these pictures for the Ugly Fabric Challenge.  It's late Thursday night, but I'm happy that I finished putting the borders on it early this morning. :)  I love the looks and feel of this quilt.  It is no longer going to be deemed the Ugly Quilt.  I will be calling it Cafe' Mocha because that is the pattern name by Amanda Murphy Designs.


I also loaded it onto the longarm frame.  Won't be long now...




Since this quilt has a feminine feel (in my opinion) I decided to quilt it with my Circle Lord giant template board called Cosmos.  It's a floral and swirl design.  Below is a pic from behind the longarm. 


I have a super important job of waiting for a FedEx delivery tomorrow for my husband.  It's a signature required delivery.  I know that there is an option that I can pre-sign for it online...  Let's not do that.  Let's find a seat hmmmm say like from my sewing machine... hmmmm where I have to sit and wait facing the driveway.  SWEET!!!  My kinda job.  I may have to be at my sewing machine for HOURS tomorrow.  I may have a Friday finish if  I'm lucky.

If worse comes to worse and I run out of sewing... Kevin the Quilter released clue #2 to the SSSSQ today.  Did you see the pic of Cheerleader Kevin?  He's rockin' it!




Here are the fabrics I started out with...



I added these and just a couple of mauves/maroons to it...



I'm linking up with Myra at Busy Hands Quilts for

Finished or Not Friday at Busy Hands Quilts

3 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Go, Kathy, go!!!

Gretchen Weaver said...

It's amazing how ugly quilts can turn into beautiful quilts! Very pretty. Too bad you were forced to spend the day sitting at the machine sewing. Oh well, the sacrifices we make for our marriages. Ha Ha! Happy Stitching!

Jenny said...

Cafe Mocha looks a big quilt! That's a pretty design you are using for the quilting - will you be keeping this one for yourself?