Monday, July 15, 2019

On the Frame -- Customer Green Patchwork Quilt

I have a fun experimental project on the frame today.  I'm playing with my R&S template boards (now Urban Elementz).  This is a six board set called Mola.  It has a tropical feel to it with a bird, fish, flowers, leaves, and a gecko.






I don't like the Urban Elementz boards as much as I like the Circle Lord boards because of the quality.  The etches are sharper to me (when I rub my finger across them).  It really has no effect on the quilting. I just don't like that they have a little burr on them.  The boards are held together with o-rings.  There isn't a good place on the board on the end to tape it to my table.  Even though they have gripper tape pieces on the back of the board, they do not stick to my table.  I often times have to hold the board with one hand to secure it while I am guiding my longarm with the other hand so that the board does not move.  Urban Elementz does offer many, many different design boards, so the selection is there.

I'm so thankful that God chose to give me this talent!  Doesn't this look great?







No comments: