Friday, July 15, 2016

Yellow/Green Orphan Block Guild Charity Quilt -- Q3 #1

It's a Friday finish!  I finished one of my first items for my Q3 goal for the 2016 FAL.  Here's my little yellow/green quilt made with orphan blocks.  It is a charity quilt for my local quilt guild.  I started out with five blocks, added some fabric, quilted and bound, and now it's a quilt for some happy baby!



I quilted it with my go-to template, Circle Lord Swirls.  It looks great from the back too.





This quilt was my goal for July for the OMG Challenge. 

It's time to link up for OMG (One Monthly Goal) at Red Letter Quilts. You can see the finishes linky party here.

It is also my first finish for Q3 for the 2016 FAL (finish along).  Goal 1 of 18 complete.

2016 FAL

Also linking up with Michelle's Romantic Tangle, Let's Make Baby Quilts!  You can check that out here.

There's also a new link that I'm excited about -- Myra's blog started Finished or not Friday!  I think it's gonna be big.  You can find it here.



7 comments:

Beth @ Cooking Up Quilts said...

It's a great use of orphan blocks; sometimes it's difficult to figure out what to do with them. The quilting really shows on the back and looks fantastic!

Tanya Quilts in CO said...

I love your swirl quilting!

Needled Mom said...

Very nice. Great swirls too.

Tu-Na Quilts said...

Great looking quilting swirls! Did you use your home sewing machine or a long arm?

Myra @ Busy Hands Quilts said...

On the yellow background, the blocks look like flowers in an antique quilt! So pretty! Thanks for linking up at Finished or Not Friday!

Michele said...

That turned out great!

the zen quilter said...

What a cute piece. I love the yellow background.