Wednesday, April 16, 2014

WIP Wednesday 4.16.14

Here's what happened this week:

I finished the three blocks for April for the Building Blocks QA.



I did one purple kite girl block for the RSC14.



WE GOT CHICKENS!!!  Here's a pic of the first six.  Sadly only four our left.  But the four that are left are doing great.



I finished the San Juan block for the Pat Sloan Globetrotting BOM.



I am longarming a t-shirt quilt for a customer.  She chose a fleece back for it -- ahhhh soft 'n warm!


The swirls are looking great on it -- front and back!  LOVE the versatile Circle Lord Swirls!


I am testing my Folk Art Fowl Accuquilt die by making simple hot pads for my kitchen... If I'm going to have real chickens in the kitchen for over a month, I might as well decorate with some chickens.  My live rooster is black with green tail feathers.  Cool how this one turned out.  I pieced the two fabric before running them through the die.  The rust colored hen should be like the Buff Orpington hens that I am getting in late May.  I used my 2" square die for the red/white checks.

 
I'm still frantically looking for the little block that didn't look right that was taken out of this quilt.  It's my April goal for A Lovely Year of Finishes.  Where oh where can it be?
 
 
New Projects This Week
1.  Longarm and finish t-shirt quilt for a customer
2.  Chicken hot pads
3.  CHICKENS!!!
Pieces Still Need to be Cut & Sewn
1.  Herringbone OSU quilt
2.  Digging up Bones (Owen's dinosaur quilt)
3.  Rock Island Campfire Quilt
4.  Picadilly Circle
5. ...And Sew On BOM at Quiet Play (one block to go)
6.  MSBHQAL (Molli Sparkles Broken Herringbone Quilt Along)
7.  Bonnie Hunter's 2013 Celtic Solstice Mystery
8.  Gypsy Wife QA (recycling  Red/White Flower Basket Quilt into this project & duds.)
9.  Quilt Doodle Doodles Designs 2014 BOM
10.  Love Laugh Quilt Christmas Improv QA (still no block for March or April posted)
11.  Classic Meets Modern BOM
12.  Mod Mod QA
13.  Pat Sloan Globetrotting BOM 
14.  Beaquilter -- Pattern Tester Project (pulled the fabrics -- I think)
15.  Triangle QA
16.  Underpants Project
17.  Super Mario QA (March block almost half done)
 
Blocks Still Need to be Made
1.  NY Beauty
2.  Orca Bay
3.  We Can Do It Skill Builder Sampler
4.  Red Frosty & Friends quilt #3
5.  Maroon Star Sampler Quilt
6.  Color coordinated hexagon quilt
7.  Gourmet Quilter Sampler
8.  Bluepatch Mystery Quilt
9.  Amanda Murphy Designs (ugly fabric quilt) (Set as a Q2 Goal)
10.  Drunkard's Path Variation baby quilt
11.  Finding Nemo Scrappy Trip quilt
12.  Blue Frosty & Friends quilt #1
13.  Blue Frosty & Friends quilt #2

Blocks are made but need to be sewn together (and/or some sashing)
1.  Block Swap Adventure Sampler (2011-2012)
2.  Butterfly Blocks (that I won) (Set as a Q2 goal)
3.  Orange/Blue Fish Blocks (that I won)
4.  Split Stars (blocks won from Block Lotto; October, 2012)
5.  African Violet baby quilt (Block Lotto inspired) (worked on these blocks this week.)
6.  Tall Fly
7.  Block Lotto Dud (Orphan Block Quilt)

Quilts back needs to be made (tops are done)

Ready to longarm
1.  Dutchman's Puzzle

Quilted, needs binding
1.  T-shirt quilt for a customer
2.  Chicken hot pads

Completed this week:
 NONE!

    My WIP count moved from 38 to 40.  My WIP goal for New Years Day 2015 is 19.  Highlighted items in the Pieces Still Need to be Cut & Sewn section above are done for the month.  These are 2014 BOM projects.   Linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday!
 
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced


I'm also linking up at Sew Fresh Quilts.
Sew Fresh Quilts
 
 





2 comments:

Lorna McMahon said...

Your finished blocks all look great, Kathy! And sew do those cute potholders. Chickens? Wow! You are raising them for eggs, meat or as pets?

Kathy S. said...

Hopefully we are raising the chickens for the eggs. I bought 20 chickens and coop and everything from a friend that is moving this summer. She gets about a dozen eggs per day. I will be getting them in late May. These little chicks are my "test" chickens. Hopefully my son will like chickens. Thanks for stopping by my blog!