Sunday, August 16, 2020

Slow Sunday Stitching

 The other half of a leaf was added this week.  I was a little distracted during bowling.  I can see my work is not 100 percent symetrical.  Oh well.  Nobody is going to notice but me when it's hanging in the big frame in my quilt room. ...someday...

I am going to go back and fill in the X that is missing on the handle.  I stitched this at the bowling alley.  The lighting there isn't that great.  

I'm linking up today at Kathy's Quilts.


Slow Sunday Stitching

I do have to admit I remember being annoyed while stitching.  You see, my son and I arrived at bowling about five minutes before bowling began.  I sat down under the light directly behind the lane where our son was bowling.  This LADY brought her three bowling kids, some extra kids, and a grandparent to watch them bowl.  She had the little 3ish-year old come stand RIGHT NEXT TO ME -- so much for social distancing, huh?  There wasn't even a chair there.  Then she sat in the chair that was about five feet from me.  There were plenty of other tables and chairs to sit.  Every time I pulled my needle I would almost hit the 3-year-old in the head...  Nice, huh?  You know my thread is about 24" long.  It doesn't seem like six feet to me.  The lady was too busy visiting with the grandparent person to watch the extra kids she brought.  Interesting that when I finally moved over so that I could sew she moved over a smidge so that the 3ish-year-old could pull up a chair.  I have a feeling when I look at this piece on the wall that I would remember it.  I didn't cause a scene.  I gave up my spot under the the light in good grace.  I have been given grace in my life.  Treat others the way you want to be treated.


11 comments:

Kim said...

Ssh......I won't tell anyone about your very little mistake. =) You do stitch in the most interesting of places.

Julierose said...

WHAT in the world is wrong with people--are they that selfish???
AAAARGH Unbelievable...I don't suppose they were wearing masks either...
We, here, are not going anywhere because of that very sort of thing happening...at our ages we cannot take a chance.

Hope your stitching today is safer and more relaxing for you hugs julierose

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

How annoying, but hopefully you can put it behind you when you fix the missing stitch.

Sarah said...

Your stitching is looking great and it will be easy to fill in the missing stitch! It can be very annoying when you practice social distancing and everyone around is oblivious to it!

CathieJ said...

I have been doing the same and not bother to cause a scene with those that are just not doing the right thing right now. I would rather move than risk a confrontation.

Deb A said...

Sorry you had to deal with that. I find there are a lot of people with that attitude lately. I'm going to miss bowling.... I opted out of my league this year as it is will the majority of women over age 70.... they all seem to still be bowling though so I guess I am erring on the side of caution. I have a neck light that I used to bring with me to bowling to help with the terrible lighting - you can adjust it to shine where you need it. Hope next week is a better one for you while watching your son's team bowl.

Karrin Hurd said...

Lovely stitching, though sorry you had to go through that!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Selfishness is so rampent these days! I agree treat others as you want to be treated for no other reason so that you can live with yourself and be happy!!!!! Each generation seems to lose more respect for others cause parents don't take the time to teach their children to be considerate of others. Hopefully that hardly noticeable error won't be a bad reminder but a reminder that you did the right thing!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

It's hard to always feel nervous about being around other people these days - no wonder you were distracted! But your stitching looks good to me!

patty a. said...

That piece will have such stories to tell about the places it has been and the characters that influenced it. It does make you wonder were people's head are. You took the high road. That suggestion Deb A had about the neck light is a good one, but I can imagine a 3 year old would have lots of curiosity about your light so you may have to shoo him away.

Quilter Kathy said...

It's lovely stitching! You will always remember that experience when you look at the stitching in the future. I loved what you wrote about grace... so important to remember and hard to practice.