Sunday, November 24, 2019

Slow Sunday Stitching -- Holiday Apron

I found this cute little WIP in a bin at our Goodwill Outlet store.  It was someone else's project.  I decided it would be a fun little to-go project.  There are a few stains on it and everything.  I'm okay with that.  I'm going to practice stitching and then wash it when finished.  I learned my lesson on washing out a stain on my peacock project.  It won't be done for Thanksgiving this year -- hence the SLOW STITCHING project title!  I put the carefully cut out pieces for applique into a project envelope for now.  They will come out to play when I have more time to sort through the stash scraps.



I'm linking up at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.

Slow Sunday Stitching

11 comments:

Little Penpen said...

I love the vintage stitchery!

Julierose said...

Nice pick up at the store--I love stamped cross stitch..that looks pretty hugs, Julierose

Sarah said...

What a great charity shop find!

Quilter Kathy said...

What a terrific treasure you found! Enjoy some Christmas slow stitching!

Karrin Hurd said...

Great find at the thrift store. I haven't found anything good like that at mine!

Denise :) said...

What a fun, happy find! Enjoy your slow stitching!! :)

Deb A said...

What a cute project! It will be a wonderful apron for the next holiday season.

Jenny said...

How lovely your apron will be, so pleased it has been rescued and found a great new stitching home! I love aprons and this one is a beauty!

The Joyful Quilter said...

SEW sweet!! That will be a great project for the To Go bag.

patty a. said...

What a cute apron! It is the perfect to go project as it is not too big. Once you organize the thread - is it floss? - you will be set.

Gretchen Weaver said...

This is going to be a lovely apron, to pretty to wear while cooking, fine for wearing while serving. Happy Stitching!