Monday, November 4, 2019

November OMG 2019

November already!  I'd like to get a couple more quilts on and off of the longarm frame before winter sets in.  I would like to finish this California King sized Ohio quilt for my November OMG (one main goal.)



As you can see, it fits our big bed perfectly.  It would be a cozy quilt for winter AND Mr. Blanket Hog wouldn't have to steal as much from my side.  LOL.  Big Ohio cities and cities that are important to us are marked with a red star with the city name hand embroidered on it.  Our city (East Canton) has a yellow star.  This is a quilt that I made by coloring squares on graph paper.  It was inspired by another quilter (I don't know her name) that was in a neighboring local quilt guild.



I'm not sure how I'll quilt it yet. I do have a new pantograph that I'd like to try.  I'm just not sure if I want to tackle something this big.  I may have to finish a charity crib quilt so that I can practice it.

My longarm is in a house that we have been in the process of building.  We do not heat it continuously although it is slightly heated so that things do not freeze.  There is a furnace, but it takes a while and a lot of fuel oil to keep a consistent warm temperature.  When I do not keep the longarm room heated consistently, my longarm skips stitches.  I'll be covering it up for a while.  I also need to finish one more customer quilt by Thanksgiving.

I'm linking up with Elm Street Quilts for OMG.  You can find the party HERE.




3 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Best of luck with your OMG, Kathy!!

Sue Swank said...

I love it!!
A fellow Ohio quilter
Sue

Patty said...

What a spectacular quilt! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck on your project.