Today I have an unusual Friday finish to show. It's not a quilty finish, but there was some sewing involved. It's our son's model of a dog sled. He is in the 5th grade.
I put it next to a pop can so that you could see the size. It was a family project. My husband drew the wooden frame. Owen cut it out with the saw and drilled the holes. My husband put it together. I made the raised platform by sewing a mat with fabric and batting. I sewed each piece of felt to represent fur to each of the pieces that tied to the frame.
The fabric threaded through the drilled holes easily with the help of pushing them through with a pair of scissors. Below is the underside of the dog sled. Extra felt was cut to make a rope and extra ties for "other" cargo. I think it will work for his purposes. He had to write the card and memorize the speech. Happy February!