Thursday, August 31, 2017

Kinda Cool, Kinda Icky

We have a fish tank on the kitchen counter.  It was supposed to be for our son's room to motivate him to sleep upstairs by himself and also be a night light.  Well, that backfired.  Now it's just "my" fish tank in the kitchen.  One of the coolest things that we have in the tank are snails that a lady from church gave us.

But one day I walked out in the kitchen and found this...


 
The female snail didn't like it when I took the eggs that she laid on the inside of the hood of the aquarium less than a week before.  I didn't want 200 snails.  The girl that gave me the snails warned me that this could happen if I had a male and a female... which I now know I have.
 
The female was found on the counter behind the aquarium.  She was dry but I put her back in and she survived another week or so when she crawled out AGAIN and landed on the floor.  I think she cracked her shell.  She passed a couple of days after I put her back from the floor incident.

2 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Best laid plans! We once had a salt water tank and one of the fish kept jumping out of it too.

Susan said...

You did your best to save her. So ... fish are not the way to your son's heart?