Wednesday, October 8, 2014

WIP Wednesday 10.8.14

I have a new plan to get my Celtic Solstice (Bonnie Hunter mystery from last year) finished!  My goal is to put together two rows per week.  We have six weeks until Thanksgiving.  Hopefully it will be done in time for the 2014 mystery.  I can't wait!!!  On Quilt Cam last night Bonnie said that she will be making fabric requirements for this year's mystery on October 15.  Whohoo!  I'm so excited!

Here's my three rows put together to complete this week's goal.  I'm even pretty happy with my color change choices:  pinks, maroons, browns, greys, neutrals...  It reminds me of Neapolitan ice cream.


This weekend I completed the final blocks for the Pat Sloan Globetrotting BOM (2014).  You can find all the info at Pat Sloan's Blog.



I completed my flying geese block for the Classic Meets Modern BOM @ Sew at Home Mummy.



For the RSC14 I completed one kite girl with a brown dress.  (Brown/black/grey is the color this month for the RSC14.)  The block is made from 2" squares.  The block pattern can be found at Q is for Quilter blog.



I took in a customer quilt this week.  This quilt was made by two members of my local quilt guild.  It is a quilt for our honors banquet in a couple of weeks.  I don't really know how it will be quilted just yet.  It's loaded and basted and just waiting for me to stitch.  I hope something comes to me by tomorrow...  I have time to work on it then.  The pattern is a QOV pattern from Fons & Porter.



I finished my Market Day Sew Along table topper.  This cute little quilt is called Market Day Sew-Along (Heartspun Quilts).   It's part of the Pocket Patchwork Sew Along.   There's a lot of cute things posted at Heartspun Quilts blog.  I think it may be a source for a future sew along for me.  You can find the directions for this sew along at the Flikr page for the group.



I made this quilt back from my stash for the Globetrotting BOM (by Pat Sloan) quilt.  It will most likely be my 2015 charity quilt for my guild.



A very tempting QA came along at Peck's Pieces.  Marjory Peck shares this free pattern with us!  I would probably do it, but I think it's too close to Halloween for me.  I would have had it out somewhere in the house by now.  BUT I am printing the patterns and will consider doing section by section for the RSC15 or something.  Thanks, Marjory!  Photo below is from blog -- Peck's Pieces.



This is what my chickens did to their fenced-in area.  I left them into my garden after everything was harvested.  Look -- no weeds.  LOL.

 
They are so happy officially FREE RANGING in the yard!  We have eight acres of nothing but fun!
 


  My WIP count this week is 36.  My WIP goal for New Years Day 2015 is 19.  I'm linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced
 
New Projects This Week
None
 
Pieces Still Need to be Cut & Sewn
1.  Underpants Project 
2.  Digging up Bones (Owen's dinosaur quilt)
3.  Rock Island Campfire Quilt
4.  Picadilly Circle
5. ...And Sew On BOM at Quiet Play (one block to go)
6.  MSBHQAL (Molli Sparkles Broken Herringbone Quilt Along)
7.  Spring Sampler Series at Cora's Quilts
8.  Gypsy Wife QA (recycling  Red/White Flower Basket Quilt into this project & duds.)
9.  Quilt Doodle Doodles Designs 2014 BOM
10.  Love Laugh Quilt Christmas Improv QA
11.  Classic Meets Modern BOM
12.  Mod Mod QA (turning this one into a baby quilt) 
13.  Super Mario QA
 
Blocks Still Need to be Made
1.  NY Beauty
2.  Orca Bay
3.  We Can Do It Skill Builder Sampler
4.  Red Frosty & Friends quilt #3
5.  Bonnie Hunter's 2013 Celtic Solstice Mystery
6.  Color coordinated hexagon quilt
7.  Gourmet Quilter Sampler
8.  Bluepatch Mystery Quilt
9.  Amanda Murphy Designs (ugly fabric quilt) (Set as a Q2 Goal)
10.  Drunkard's Path Variation baby quilt
11.  Finding Nemo Scrappy Trip quilt
12.  Blue Frosty & Friends quilt #1
13.  Blue Frosty & Friends quilt #2

Blocks are made but need to be sewn together (and/or some sashing)
1.  Block Swap Adventure Sampler (2011-2012)
2.  Butterfly Blocks (that I won)
3.  Orange/Blue Fish Blocks (that I won)
4.  Split Stars (blocks won from Block Lotto; October, 2012)
5.  African Violet baby quilt (Block Lotto inspired) (worked on these blocks this week.)
6.  Tall Fly
7.  Block Lotto Dud (Orphan Block Quilt)

Quilts back needs to be made (tops are done)


Ready to longarm
1.  Customer Honor's Quilt (on the frame)
2.  Pat Sloan Globetrotting BOM

Quilted, needs binding
1.  Dutchman's Puzzle
 
Completed this week:
1.  Market Day Sew Along (Heartspun Quilts)
 

3 comments:

Andee said...

Celtic Solstice is looking good! WHOOT WHOOT!

Anonymous said...

Your Celtic Solstice does look like Neapolitan ice cream! Very pretty!

sewyouquilt2 said...

love your celtic solstice. who doesnt like Neopolitan ice cream?