Monday, June 30, 2014

July -- 2014 New FO Challange @ Cat Patches

2014 NewFO Challenge


Each month Barbara at Cat Patches hosts a New FO Challenge Linky Party.  I'm joining in this month since I have a specific new project. You can link up here.   I loved the pattern, Born on the 4th, from McCall's Quilting , May/June 2014.  I have plenty of red/white/blue scraps.  Here's my star for the project that I just started:


 
My little star points don't match up nicely in the corners.  I need to fix that!
 
I'm wondering if Angela at SoScrappy  is going to do red/white/blue for this month.  She changed her background color on the blog to white.  She's showing some white background blocks.  I wonder if that's what it is.  I guess I'll wait and see.  But for now I'll be working on this mini.  The 4th is only a few days away!  Happy Independence Day!
 
My son and I are headed to the roller coaster capitol of the world -- Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio.  He's 7 years old.  He has no fear.  I can't wait to get a few pics of us there.  We may just go to their Camp Snoopy (for kids his size) or Soak City (the waterpark).  It is HOT (80's) and muggy today.  But we are going to have a blast.  No more sewing for me today!

4 comments:

Julianne said...

Wow Kathy, loving that flag quilt, so cool! Hope you and O have a wonderful day at the adventure park, sounds like a blast and right up O's alley! Love ya girl!

Pattilou said...

Stars are perfect for this month. Have fun with your sun in Sandusky!

Cath said...

The USA has the best flag to adapt into a quilt. Yours is going to look great! Have a fun day at the adventure park.

Barbara said...

Very cute!