Friday, November 30, 2012

STARS Quilting Contest - Voting Begins

Supernova Quiltalong

Remember this quilt from my first quilalong last year?  I entered it in the STARS contest at http://quiltinggallery.com/.  Voting starts Friday, 11/30/12.  Check out all of the amazing quilts.
http://quiltinggallery.com/2012/11/30/vote-now-star-quilts-3/



Supernova -- With Lee at Freshly Pieced
Finished 5/10/11
Size: 81" x 99"

Features:
Machine quilted (echo stitched Supernova Blocks)
Quilted a star design (all machine quilting in RED!)
Pillowcased edge
My first quiltalong
Machine embroidery label

Yes, there is Ronald McDonald fabric at the top of the back. I couldn't resist.
In the yellow strip are all of the "saved" half square triangles that were cut when making the blocks.
The large section is made from one of my favorites -- Picnic Ants!


Supernova Quilt-Along with Freshly Pieced

1 comment:

Lin said...

Beautiful Supernova Kathy - good luck with the Quilting Gallery! I will vote for you.