Friday, April 13, 2012

I'm working on my 2012 UFO project of the month.  This month I am trying to finish up those pesky Crumb-A-Long Blocks.  I liked my blocks, but I think they were poor color choices for a whole quilt.  So here's what happened to the 24 original crumb-a-long that I did:



I pulled them out and made four doll quilts.  These measure 12" x 18".  I tried different types of quilting on each.  One has my first attempt at straight-line quilting (it looks great).  Another has my first attempt of rocking the right angle (I like it a lot too).  Another was echo quilted.  And the last was FMQ flowers like the ones we did in SewCalGal's 2012 Challenge (it's okay).

Here are the fronts:

Here are the backs.  I like the little Accuquilt GO! Baby die that helped me make these.  It's in the "Die to Try" section on the Accuquilt page.


Are you wondering what I will do with these?  Sometime closer to the end of the year I will send them to my bloggy friend, Debbie, in South Carolina.  Debbie and her elf husband are major contributors to help kids get Christmas presents in their area.  I know Debbie follows my blog.  I hope she is pleasantly surprised.  SURPRISE!  I'm not going to send them just yet.  I'll wait to closer to the time in the late fall.  You can read more about this cute charity by visiting  Debbie's Blog, Stitchin' Therapy.  It's at a tab at that top that says, "Get Your Mrs. Claus On".  Here's the link:

So if you are reading this, Debbie, count me in for four finished quilts so far.



No comments: