Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Trying To Stay Motivated

For some reason I am having trouble staying motivated to finish a friend’s quilt that is still on my long arm.  I am quilting it with my Circle Lord giant template board called Swirls.  Everything is going smoothly.  I just lack motivation.  I made it half way.  


I guess I won't be going anywhere for a few days...  This photo shows the inside of the cab of my truck.  The air conditioning unit wasn't working.  My husband was changing the condenser under the hood and the line broke.  He had to take the whole dash off to fit it.


Owen really wanted to help.  Most of my job was to entertain Owen while all this was happening.



I am so lucky that he is brilliant at repairs such as this.


Sometimes I really like to mess with my husband.  I so badly wanted to go touch stuff and move stuff.  I knew that would not be a good choice.  He was not super happy about the whole line breaking off and all.  I did get him to fix a part that I have been calling "the flapper thing" while he was in there.  It's the compartment flap that makes the heat/air go where the switch tells it to go (vent/floor)

This was not an easy spot to get to when it comes to working on it.  I know he saved me tons of money in labor because this is taking a couple of days to repair it.  There are more parts laying on the counters inside the garage.  Luckily my husband's brain works well with this kind of thing.  It's LIKE assembling a quilt, but different--if you know what I mean.


Hopefully it will be back together soon.  Mealwhile... I'll try to finish the quilt on the longarm.

4 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Best of luck finding the motivation you need in order to finish that quilt, Kathy! I have one on the frame that I really WANT to finish, but my machine is in the process of being repaired. :o((

djquilting said...

Isn't it wonderful to have a handy hubby.

patty a. said...

I am having motivation problems getting that double wedding ring hand quilted. I need to get it done! I have had it for 2 or 3 years and I am sure the lady would like it back. I am going to force myself to work on it everyday at lunch since I am now in the office everyday. I just have to get it done. For your friend's quilt, just promise yourself that you only have to work on it for 15 minutes then stop. Once you get going you probably will quilt a bit longer, but then if you do that everyday i.e. promise 15 minutes - you won't feel guilty that you didn't at least get a little bit done. Your truck looked like a disaster! You are a lucky woman that your handy dandy husband can fix it. Maybe you will have to bake his something extra special as a reward.

Needled Mom said...

All those parts make my head spin! Goodness me! Glad he is good at that.