Wednesday, June 17, 2020

WIP Wednesday 6.17.20

I finished my #SSSSQ!  This was a mystery quilt along led by Kevin the Quilter.


I finished Clue #7 of the Unity QA -- a mystery quilt designed by Bonnie Hunter.


My husband worked on repairing the air conditioning unit on my truck.  This gave me time to quilt because I wasn't going anywhere...  We haven't been going many places lately anyways.


We've been swimming a lot!


My husband has been busy digging and moving more dirt.  This time he is making the driveway in this section wider.  He needs another building in this area.


I am finally working on my jelly roll rug that has been on my list for a long time.  I am using RSC20 colors right now to make a rug for our bathroom.



I guess one of the reasons Blogger updated is because they are trying to make it easier to blog from your phone.  That's great if you have wifi and data...  Our wifi here is hit or miss.  I did buy this app for $2.99 to make things easier on my phone.  It's called Blogg.  It seems more user friendly than just trying to load them on my phone without it.  I'm still having trouble getting pictures to load from my phone, but I think that is because I have poor wifi where I was using it.



We were finally able to bowl again!  Woohoo!  We will be bowling more July 1 through September 7.  He was so happy that his first ball thrown with his new ball was a STRIKE!  Way to go, Owen!


I currently have 65 on-going projects.   

Pieces Still Need to be Cut & Sewn
1.  Cheddar Jack cat pattern from Mama Spark's World 
2.  Digging up Bones (Owen's dinosaur quilt)
3.  Rock Island Campfire Quilt
4.  Picadilly Circle
5.  ...And Sew On BOM at Quiet Play (one block to go)
6.  Go Four It! -- Scrappy 4-patches started as leader/ender June 2017
7.  Patriotic Folk Animals (from Americana Quilts Book) -- hand work-- found the book 8/8/19!
8.  Parallelogram Strings -- 2019 String Along at Humble Quilts, started 1.31.19
9.   Leah Day Building Blocks QA
10.  Jelly Roll Rug
11.  Classic Meets Modern BOM
12.  Mod Mod QA (turning this one into a baby quilt) (from block Lotto, mostly circles w/lines)
13.  Owl's Well That Ends Well (RSC19 project started 1.26.19)
14.  Kevin the Quilter's Sapphire Stars Mystery (started Summer 2017) 
15.  Temperature QA (2019 block-a-day according to high and low temps--changed to table topper.)
16.  Kite Girl (RSC14)
17.  Amish Country BOM (from Lynn, Johnna's mom)
18.  Cabins at the Lake (from Fons & Porter Magazine) (only one house block complete.)
19.   2.5" Scraps from Dani making "cracker" blocks
20.  Sand Castles -- Bonnie Hunter string quilt started January, 2019 -- an RSC project
21.  Little Houses (3.5" blocks)
22.  Pumpkins & the Beanstalk (a second quilt.)
23.  Set of note cards and envelopes
24.  Simply Summer Sensational QA with Kevin the Quilter 2.5" blocks (started 6.27.19)
25.  Slabs with White Rectangle (RSC14 started -- need blocks each month)
26.  Bonnie Hunter Box Kite class from March, 2017 (Will make baby quilt.)
27.  Kevin the Quilter 2019 Mystery Quilt -- SSSSQ, 1.5" squares
28.  2015 Orange, pink, grey kite blocks (from Accuquilt die, RSC17)
29.  Maroon Sampler Quilt
30.  Gypsy Wife QA (started again with Angie at Gnome Angel, August 2017) (2019 QA)
31.  Kathleen Tracy’s 2019 Mystery Quilt -- Facebook QA started in March, 2019. 
32.  2016 Plus Blocks (from left over pieces of Soul Searching blocks)
33.  RSC16 Folk Art Birds
34.  Waffle Blocks (August 2019) RSC19
35.  Unity Quilt Along with Bonnie Hunter,  (started 4/1/2020.)
36.  Gingerbread Men pattern by Edyta Sitar started November, 2019
37.  Linen & Threads Mystery SAL, Started 1/1/20 for my sew-to-go bag.
38.  Dresser Scarf (my grandma's printed WIP from the 70's) 1/1/20 for my sew-to-go bag.
39.  Veggie Patch (from Katie Mae Quilts)

Blocks Still Need to be Made
1.  Bluepatch Mystery Quilt
2.  Scrap Crystals (working on blue pieces for RSC15)
3.  We Can Do It Skill Builder Sampler
4.  Drunkard's Path Variation baby quilt
5.  Finding Nemo Scrappy Trip quilt (my seams don't match Julianne's seams...)

Blocks are made but need to be sewn together (and/or some sashing)
1.  Block Swap Adventure Orange/Yellow Sampler (2011-2012)
2.  Cruise blocks won from Libby
3.  Orange/Blue Fish Blocks (that I won)
4.  Split Stars (blocks won from Block Lotto; October, 2012)
5.  African Violet baby quilt (Block Lotto inspired)
6.  Tall Fly (blocks won from Block Lotto, February, 2013)
7.  Fortune Teller (RSC14 started)--It's not long enough...needs 4 more blocks
8.  Sonja's Windows string quilt 
9.   Block Swap Adventure (2013) Churn Dash Blocks 
10.  Tula Pink's City Sampler 100 Modern Quilt Blocks (New QA starting 5/7/17 Gnome Angel)
11.  Flower Baskets (blue and white with some applique) Block Lotto win 10/1/18
12.  Pre-printed cross stitch pillow sham (May, 2018 sew-to-go bag)
13.  Bonnie Hunter Garden Party (started 3.18.17.)
14.   Cathy's CRAZY BY DESIGN.  It's the Dot Dot Dash Bag. (new to the list April, 2018)

Quilts back needs to be made (tops are done) 
1. Card Trick (pink and blue) HUGE charity quilt for local quilt guild
2. Hunter green large (bubbly -- will be a challenge to longarm) charity quilt for the local guild
3. Bubble Gum pink and navy charity quilt for local quilt guild
4. Good Fortune -- A Bonnie Hunter Quiltville Mystery started Thanksgiving weekend, 2018
5.  Soul Searching -- Julianne sent it to me 8/29/19!!!


Ready to longarm
1.  Farm Panel Quilt -- CM (on the frame)
2.  Wings of Spring -- Block Lotto win 3.31.19

I'm linking up with Susan at Quilt Fabrication for Midweek Makers.

Quiltfabrication

3 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Way to go, Owen!! Enjoy that new bowling ball.

Linda Swanekamp said...

So thrilled for Owen. I went through all my UFOs today and logged them in a notebook. I am rather overwhelmed. They are all in different stages, and I need to move through them, but it seems a tall order. My longarm is unusable right now as we are redoing the basement- ceiling removed, new floor, prime and paint knotty pine white... It has multiple drop clothers over it.

patty a. said...

Excellent Owen! He sure has set the bar high for himself! Your husband is so busy between digging and fixing your truck. I don't know why when you comment on my blog the comment doesn't go to my email. Glad the "yellow things" are blooming. I had to yell at a young deer this morning at 5:30 that was munching on my Tiger lilies. It was pretty startled and ran over to the neighbor's house then wandered off.