Saturday, April 30, 2011

Double Irish Chain Quilt -- Field of Dreams -- Complete!

Whohoo!  The Double Irish Chain quilt that I started a few weeks ago is now complete.  Just in time... my niece's baby is due any day now.  I wish I could be there when she opens the package.  I am very very pleased with it considering it is my first time doing any machine quilting on a quilt.  I love the way it feels so soft.  I doubled the batting.  I was a chicken and didn't do any fancy free-motion quilting.  I just echo stitched the blocks.  This is also my first time with machine applique.  The little flowers are so cute!  If I were to name the quilt I could call it "Field of Dreams" (I'm sure somebody already did a quilt like that.)  The quilt is so much better in person, but here it is:
The little white take to the right at the end of the name is my signature block.  It says "Double Irish Chain -- From Great Aunt Kathy -- 2011"

For a great scrap giveaway with the cutest scraps ever, go to:
http://fairyfacedesigns.blogspot.com/2011/04/my-big-scrappy-giveaway.html

 

1 comment:

Angie in SoCal said...

How neat what a little bit of applique will do to a quilt. That is cute! Thanks for sharing!