Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Supernova Quilt Top Complete!

Whohoo!  Even though it was a rough week and I was missing my old Viking sewing machine (which is now retired), I managed to finish the Supernova quilt along quilt.  I did change the design a little and finished the blocks with star points instead of the straight line coming from the center of each block.  I just had to "make it my own" like they do on Idol and couldn't leave a star unfinished.  I like it; it is bright!  Luckily the sun came out long enough this morning so that I could snap a quick photo.  It started raining as I was trying to take a photo.  The clotheseline almost wasn't high enough for this one.

Just remember, when there's rain there's still room for fun.  Yesterday my son and I put on our Crocs and went outside and jumped in every puddle on our property.  What fun!
...and remember to take some time to smell the flowers along the way...
Have a great day!

3 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Congratulations!!! I love this top and your little guy is sew cute - taking time to smell the flowers is a good lesson to all of us this busy time of year :-)

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Beautiful!! Love the colors you used.
I remember how much fun it was to splash in all the puddles when my girls were little :)

Diana and LaDonna said...

Definitely like how you made it your own! The stars add such sparkle! But I love the sparkle and happiness showing on your son's face playing in the puddles! What fun!

LaDonna