Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Four in Nine Patch Quilt Complete!

Today I finished the Four in Nine Patch Quilt that I started in January.  I finished it by doing a pillowcase edge and then knotting the 4" squares in my mom's quilt frame.  It only took two days of my pre-schooler being in school for me to knot it.  I was motivated to finish knotting it once the quilt frame was set up in my kitchen because it took up so much room.  Ahhhhh.  A completed project.
I would also like to thank everybody that has stopped by the Supernova Flicker sight (and this blog) and made a comment about my Supernova quilt-along-quilt.  I really appreciate all of the encouragement since I am so new to quilting.  At first I hated the colors but decided that it will still be a warm quilt and will probably be one of the most used since I didn't like it as much because of my color choices.  I figured it would be the quilt that I took to a football game and/or picnic and I wouldn't be afraid to set it down.  Now it has really grown on me and I LOVE it!  I've got an idea on how to finish the borders.  Hopefully I'll have time to mess with that a little after I get my niece's baby quilt started and done.  (She is due in about three weeks.)  I really do like staying on a schedule of the supernova quilt-a-long and Lee did a great job of dividing the work and presenting the details.  I will be searching for another quilt-a-long in the near future.

1 comment:

Amy said...

looks nice. QAL's are nice and this is the first one I have done.nice to meet you and welcome to quilting.