Friday, April 22, 2011

Free Motion Quilting -- 1st Day

Well, it was time to retire my faithful Viking that was over 30 years old.  I got a new machine.  I knew there would be a learning curve.  But here's a few samples of my first day of free motion quilting.


Leah Day's site is a 365 Day experiment to come up with a new design each day.  Her tutorials make everthing look so easy.  I just need some practice, practice, and some more practice. 

Linda is always so sweet to leave a comment here and there on my blog.  Her quilting is so pretty too.  She is giving away some very springy quarters.  Cute cute cute!

2 comments:

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Your fmq looks great to me! Thanks for the kind words and good luck in the giveaway!

Linda said...

It looks like you're mastering the new machine very quickly!