Monday, September 10, 2018

Longarm Quilting - Working in Fullness

Recently I had a customer quilt on the frame that had a little extra fullness on the edges.  Here's how I worked in the fullness.  She how it is drooping slightly to the left?

 
Look in the photo below how much fabric I could pull to make it nice and flat:

 
A little leftover batting from another project is here to save the day.  I stuff it in under the fabric on the finished part of the quilt and roll it in there.  Just grab a handful and pack it in there.

 
Now the wrinkle and extra play worth of fabric is beind me instead of hanging near the part that I need to quilt next.  You can see in the photo below that the next row is nice and flat and ready for quilting.

 
The other side is still droopy.  See all that extra fullness in the photo below?

 
I grab another "snowball" of left over batting and pack it by the roller.

 
I tighten the quilt and it's nice and flat again! (Happy dance!)


Just a little bit of batting does the trick!
 
Ahhh.  Nice and flat and ready to quilt the next row of the edge-to-edge design.

2 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Great solution!

Michele said...

That's a great idea and one that I'll definitely keep in mind the next time I a customer quilt with that issue. Thanks.