Monday, April 3, 2017

Moving it Forward Monday -- Orphan Block Hearts -- OMG

I am setting my OMG quilt this month to be these beautiful gifted orphan blocks.  These hearts are from Linda who blogs at Art In Search..  Linda puts together beautiful comfort quilts.  These "Hearts Galore" were blocks given to Linda.  She put them up for adoption.  The orphan block adoption was hosted by Cynthia's blog, Quilting is More Fun Than Housework.  This quilt will be donated to Happy Chemo as an H2H quilt.  Emily from Em's Scrap bag will be distributing the quilts.  H2H stands for Hands to Help.  It's a comfort quilt charity drive that is driven by Sarah Craig at Confessions of a Fabric Addict.

Geez... I feel like a name dropper, but when all these quilters work together, a beautiful quilt gets made and donated to someone who needs some comfort.  It's like getting a hug from all of the above!...and don't forget Jolene.  She is Linda's granddaughter that picked my name from a hat.  She is part of the next generation in the process!

I'm calling this quilt "My Heart Skips a Beat" because of the blank blocks without hearts in it.  I don't usually name my quilts.  Here's what the layout looks like so far:

 
I am setting this quilt as my OMG goal for April.  That should give me plenty of time to show progress at the H2H linky party on April 16th and a finished quilt by May 21.  Both linky parties will be on Sarah's blog, Confessions of a Fabric Addict.  It's not too late to join the H2H fun -- and prizes!
 
Patty from Elm Street Quilts is our hostess for OMG.  Check out all the fun there!  You can find the April linky party here.  Look at the cute Easter Eggs in the button!!!
 
 
 


Linking up with Love Laugh Quilt for Monday Making. 



Linking up with Show & Tell Monday with Bambi.



There's another linky party at Em's Scrap Bag.  Moving it forward, Monday!

7 comments:

Patty said...

Pretty blocks. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck on your project.

Laura said...

Very sweet blocks and a wonderful goal!

Linda Swanekamp said...

I can't tell you how thrilled I am to see these hearts in a comfort quilt! I just could not get to them and couldn't see how to arrange them. You are a magician with a heart!

Gretchen Weaver said...

This is going to be a very cute quilt and very much loved by the recipient. Thank you for taking the time to finish this project for such a good cause. Blessings!

evaj said...

Thanks for linking and the inspiration you give us Show and Tell Monday !! Bambi Hug

Susan said...

What a great goal for the month. Like the name! Thanks for the reminder to get my H2H quilt going! This is perfect for that project.

Janice Holton said...

What a great way to use orphan blocks. I'm sure someone will really love to have this quilt when it's all done! Perfect name too. :)