Monday, September 29, 2014

Block Inspired by Connie @ Freemotion by the River GO! Style

Today Connie that blogs at Freemotion by the River inspired me today to make this little spinning star block.  I just happened to have my Accuquilt kite die (55254) on my desk from playing with scraps in the RSC14 this week.  I combined it with my rectangle die (55159) and made this little 8" block (7.5" finished).  (I tend to stitch a little wider than the standard 1/4" seam on most days.)

 
I can see I trimmed one side a little short...  This is just a "sample" block for future reference.  It will end up in my red/white/aqua Gypsy Wife style (orphan block) quilt.  I also need to remember that I have to put the print of the fabric on the die right sides up on the kite die to get the spinner star to spin in this direction.  I think it will spin the other way if I put the print side down.
  I made this block rather quickly.  Sometimes with the GO! it's easier for me to just grab some scraps from the pile and make a block when I'm inspired rather than to pin it for future reference.  My pin boards are out of control!
 
Thanks, Connie!!! 
 
Oh, and I also got this a week or so ago
 
 
It's still in the plastic package!  I need motivated to start that.  BUT I am staying motivated by using my Fitbit (that I've had for a couple of years).  Looks like Connie and I have quite a bit in common.  If you are interested in a dvd such as this, check out Connie's site and click the link there.  She blogs about it here.  I promise to use my dvd when the weather is bad.  Here in Ohio it's the BEAUTIFUL time of year.  We are having exceptionally great weather (mid 60's) and sunny most days.
 
I sent Bonnie Hunter a "friend" request to walk with her via Fitbit.  Now I need to look for Connie's contact info so that I can send her a request.  I love "walking" with my quilty friends!
 

2 comments:

Andee said...

Bonnie is my fitbit friend too...she is hard to keep up with! If you want to add me I am happy to be another (less famous, hahha) quilting friend!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Your blocks looks great and I love my AccuQuilt kite die too! I will definitely friend you on Fitbit, it is so motivating. You are going to love that DVD and also her Walk Away the Pounds is a good one.