Saturday, March 19, 2011

Country Kitties

This is the very first "BIG" quilt I ever attempted.  It is called Country Kitties.  It was a free pattern from http://www.free-quilting.com/?source=037FQP  I visit this site every day to see what's new.  LOVE it! The original size of the quilt was supposed to be 65" x 85".  Mine should finish around 85" x 105" to fit our California King bed.  (It's a little longer than what I would have liked, but like I said... I'm just starting out and have a lot to learn.  The colors in the pic are a little greener than it really is.  Again, I'm still new and using JoAnn Fabrics materials for now.  I do like the way the colors look.  I didn't want anything white this time.

This is just the top.  I will pillowcase the edges and knot it soon.  I plan to knot this and the Four-In-Nine Patch quilt around the same time so that I only hae to set up my quilting frames once.  The backing will be the paisley fabric that is in one of the roman coin blocks.

Here's a close-up of what the top looks like.

No comments: