Sunday, May 19, 2013

Garage Sale Fun

My son and I LOVE to go to local garage sales.  Here's a little something that I found.  There's yardage for quilt backs in this pile!!!  Of course I only found one simple orange.



Quilt magazines 2/$1.  With finds like this I think I will let my subscriptions run out.  Do you get quilt magazines?  I like Fons & Porter's Love of Quilting and Quiltmaker.  What are your favorites?

I've got people STILL asking me for the SKINNY BROCCOLI SALAD recipe....so here it is again. Please don't forget to click on the word "share" below this post so it will end up on your facebook page so you won't lose it. 

SKINNY BROCCOLI SALAD
(This recipe came from my Weight Watchers page of healthier recipes.)

2 stalk(s) uncooked broccoli, Chopped 
1 head(s) (medium) uncooked cauliflower, Chopped 
1/2 cup(s) sweet red pepper(s), Chopped 
1/2 cup(s) green pepper(s), Chopped 
1 large fresh tomato(es), chopped 
1/2 large uncooked red onion(s), Chopped 
1 item(s) (large) large canned ripe black olive(s), 1 cup chopped 
1/2 cup(s) low-fat shredded cheddar cheese 
1 1/2 cup(s) fat free Ranch dressing (I changed the dressing to Ranch because I liked it better with Ranch.) 

Instructions
Blanch the broccoli and cauliflower and then chop. Add everything in a large bowl add the dressing and toss. Place in the fridge for 4 hours and serve. 


Like & Share

Join us here for more every day fun, tips, recipes, weight loss support & motivation
https://www.facebook.com/groups/carrieshealthyfriends/

♥ Also feel free to send me a FRIEND REQUEST - 
I am always posting awesome stuff! ♥
https://www.facebook.com/carrie.luscombe

http://bit.ly/15wBYPX

SKINNY BROCCOLI SALAD

2 stalk(s) uncooked broccoli, Chopped
1 head(s) (medium) uncooked cauliflower, Chopped
1/2 cup(s) sweet red pepper(s), Chopped
1/2 cup(s) green pepper(s), Chopped
1 large fresh tomato(es), chopped
1/2 large uncooked red onion(s), Chopped
1 item(s) (large) large canned ripe black olive(s), 1 cup chopped
1/2 cup(s) low-fat shredded cheddar cheese
1 1/2 cup(s) fat free Ranch dressing (I changed the dressing to Ranch because I liked it better with Ranch.)

Instructions
Blanch the broccoli and cauliflower and then chop. Add everything in a large bowl add the dressing and toss. Place in the fridge for 4 hours and serve.


**************************************************************************
Crisp Cucumber Salsa:
Note: 1/4 cup is only 16 calories! YES!!!

2 cups finely chopped seeded peeled cucumber
1/2 cup finely chopped seeded tomato
1/4 cup chopped red onion
2 Tbsp minced fresh parsley
1 jalepeno pepper, seeded and chopped
4-1/2 tsp minced fresh cilantro
1 garlic clove, minced or pressed
1/4 c reduced-fat sour cream
1-1/2 tsp lemon juice
1-1/2 tsp lime juice
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp seasoned salt
Tortilla chips

In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In another bowl, combine the sour cream, lemon juice, lime juice, cumin and seasoned salt. Pour over cucumber mixture and toss gently to coat. Serve immediately with chips.

SHARE this to your page to have for later use!!
Crisp Cucumber Salsa:
Note: 1/4 cup is only 16 calories! YES!!!

2 cups finely chopped seeded peeled cucumber
1/2 cup finely chopped seeded tomato
... 1/4 cup chopped red onion
2 Tbsp minced fresh parsley
1 jalepeno pepper, seeded and chopped
4-1/2 tsp minced fresh cilantro
1 garlic clove, minced or pressed
1/4 c reduced-fat sour cream
1-1/2 tsp lemon juice
1-1/2 tsp lime juice
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp seasoned salt
Tortilla chips

In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In another bowl, combine the sour cream, lemon juice, lime juice, cumin and seasoned salt. Pour over cucumber mixture and toss gently to coat. Serve immediately with chips.
 

1 comment:

Cyndi said...

My favorite quilting magazine is Quiltmaker. I tried Fons and Porter, but decided to cut to just one. I get QM on my IPad.