Monday, September 2, 2024

Quilting Complete for a Friend

 I finished the quilting on the quilt that belongs to my 94-year old friend.


I quilted it with using the Circle Lord Giant Swirls.  Oh I miss the designs of Circle Lord since they are no longer in business.  Their boards are longer and more sturdy quality that other brands.  This is one of the favorites among the people that I longarm quilt for.  I love that my friend put extra borders on this one.  She has come so far in the last six or seven years with her quilting skills.  Though her arthritus continues and her eyesight isn't what it used to be, her work is still beautiful.  She is "old school" and cuts each square by tracing a template and using scissors.


Hope you are having a great holiday weekend!


4 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

This quilt is very pretty! The quilting design is perfect for this simple, scrappy quilt.

Anonymous said...

Glad you are blogging again. I like seeing what you are quilting and your adventures with your son. Dorthac at aol dot com

Linda Swanekamp said...

Oh, this is great to see a post from you. I was thinking about you this weekend with back to school stuff. Beautiful quilt!

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

What a treat to see that beautiful quilt from an older maker, and your quilting is gorgeous!