Sunday, April 29, 2018

Heart Balloons -- Slow Sunday Stitching

I'm starting to really love the chain stitch.  I'm really catching on to embroidery.  Someday I hope to have enough practice to finish a quit that my grandmother left in her WIP collection.  She passed away in 1975.  But I know I have a little of her with me every time I sew!


 
Here's my little crib quilt draped over the piano during one of my waiting times.
 
 
I've also started a counted cross stitch project for my other to-go bag.  This is getting fun!
 
 
 
Linking up for Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy's Quilts.  Have a beautiful week.  May is almost here.
 
Slow Sunday Stitching


 
 

7 comments:

Deb A said...

Love the hearts! Great job.

The Cozy Quilter said...

Looks like this project is well underway. It should keep you busy while you wait for a while!

Deb said...

Oh those chain stitched hearts are amazing.

CathieJ said...

Oh my, your stitching is beautiful. I am sure that you will be able to finish your grandmother's quilt very soon.

Jenny said...

How wonderful to have a quilt from your grandmother waiting in the wings for you to finish.

Teresa said...

I enjoy stitching too. Recently found the Hungarian Braid Chain stitch. There is a YouTube showing how to do it and it's beautiful. Google if you are interested and I am sure you will find it.

vaiybora said...

Awesome blog, i always enjoy & read the post you are sharing.Thank for your very good article...!

ดูหนัง