Saturday, April 18, 2020

FNSI Results

Yesterday I planned to sew with the  FNSI group.  My goal was to get all of the stars for the Unity QA finished so I would be ready on Monday when Bonnie Hunter released the next fun clue.



I did finish all of the flying geese assemblies.  Unfortunately, due to lack of time, I only managed to assemble ONE star to add to the already completed four stars.  My friend, JOY, was busy stitching away!


Prepare yourself for a mini story here...

But the laundry needed done.  I went to the bedroom around 5:30 pm to see if the President Trump update was on CNN.  I saw a reflection of a flash on the wall.  Usually this means that a car went past our first house and was headed to the second house.  I thought nothing of it, but I knew it wasn't my husband because his truck makes a bigger flash on the wall.

Suddenly I got text from the first lady of our wonderful church.  I LOVE MY CHURCH FAMILY!  I also miss them!  The text said:


A PIZZA PARTY!!!

They were surprising church families with a pizza on the porch!  What a sweet gesture!!!

I don't think anybody that goes to my church reads my blog (hope I don't spoil a surprise for Lora if she reads my blog...)

After my thank you text I immediately texted my sister-in-law that works in a very important testing lab about what to do with the pizza.  Several weeks back she told me not to eat ANYTHING unless I have prepared it myself.  I took that advice to heart.  I love to cook anyways.  I've already mentioned my overkill of protection when it comes to grocery handling here.

My SIL instructed me to get out a sheet pan (use foil if you think the pizza would stick).  WASH YOUR HANDS FIRST!!!  Open the box.  WASH YOUR HANDS.  Without touching the outside of the box again, slide the pizza onto the sheet pan.  WASH YOUR HANDS.  Let the pizza cool.  After the pizza cools, put in the oven at 425 degrees for 10 minutes (general pizza reheating instructions.)  The 400 to 425 degrees temperature will kill the virus.  GET RID OF THE PIZZA BOX SAFELY.  WASH YOUR HANDS!!!

This information was from my SIL that is nicknamed "the virus queen" because of her job.  We then had a 3.5 hour phone conversation.  I am so glad I have been protecting our son the way we have been (by instinct.)  We know that he has an unusual make-up of red/white blood cells.  He typically does not get sick (common cold).  BUT he does get strep throat on occasion.  COVID-19 acts similar to strep throat by the way it moves through the body using the white blood cells -- from what I gathered from our conversation.  Having Down Syndrome is an extra added layer of someone that needs protected.  Stay home.  Stay safe.

I can't wait to see all of the church families at the "pizza party".  What a fun idea to keep us together.  My husband is not a big social media person.  I had one chance to get this photo, so this is it...  We are definitely in our natural habitat state!



2 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

What a super story! What fun with just a humble pizza. Hope it was delicious!

Deonn said...

Kathy that is so sweet! And a darling family picture - it's not just a pizza - that's love, there. I miss my church family too!