Thursday, March 5, 2020

Spring Cleaning

Don't forget to clean under your bobbin case!  Even though I haven't been getting much sewing machine time lately, I still clean under my machine on a regular basis.  The last project I worked on had "cheaper than I like" fabrics.  The fabrics threw a lot of lint.  LOOK!


This is the pipe-cleaner tool that originally came with my machine.  It is my favorite tool to clean it.  You can tell by the way it is bent that I use it often.  I should get a replacement one.  Some day it will probably break off in there and I will be unhappy.  I better not procrastinate on getting another one of these.  I know I could use a different pipe cleaner.  Craft pipe cleaners just aren't the same.


2 comments:

patty a. said...

That is a lot of lint you found! When I free motion machine quilt on my home sewing machine, I use a brush to clean the lint out every time I change the bobbin. I use to use a Clinque blush brush, but I wore it out. I found a clean artist paint brush with long bristles and it gets in the nooks and crannies to pull out the lint. If I don't do this often, the light won't flash to let me know that my bobbin is running out of thread.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Thanks for the reminder, Kathy!