Tuesday, March 31, 2020

SSSSQ -- Clue #3?

The next project I decided to work on is my SSSSQ -- Clue #3.  Kevin the Quilter led us in this fun QA.  Work got in the way as school started for me and it was set aside.  NOW is the time to work on it again as I think of Kevin and his travels and hope he is well.

It has been in a cute hat box that my sister-in-law gave me.  Here's where I left off:


I saved the instructions on my computer on my monkey tail USB thing...  It's called Intro to Simply Sensational Summer Scrap quilt (I need to start doing that now because I forget where I saved so many fun and different projects and under what name...)  It can also be found at Kevin the Quilter's blog post here.

In my version, I am using pink scraps in place of Kevin's batiks and green scraps in place of Kevin's neutrals.

Okay... I need to learn to make notes when I put a UFO away so that I don't have to do a lot of research when I pull it back out.  (We'll see how I stick to that in the future.)  I am tempted to start Bonnie Hunter's mystery project that started today.  You can see it on Bonnie's blog, Quiltville's Quips & Snips!  It's sooooooo tempting...  I know I'm not going to be able to resist...

Anyway...  from clue #3 on Kevin's blog it looks like I left off on page 17/34.  That's why I had that one unit on the bottom left with the three green and one pink 2.5" square and the one strip of three pinks in the middle with a green on each end.  Now I know where I am.

SSSSQ

2 comments:

patty a. said...

I think most of us have made the mistake of not making notes because we think we will remember. Then time flies by! I am glad you figure out where you left off.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Oh! I'm SEW glad you pulled this one out to work on next!!