When I first brought this quilt home from our LQG I didn't think it would be very special. Now that it is done, it's going to make a nice charity quilt for someone. It's very soft and fluffy. I love the way my longarm quilting turned out on it.
It measures about 70" x 85" or so. I did something new with this binding. I made my binding with 2" strips and folded them in half after sewing them together in one long piece. This time I sewed the binding to the back of the quilt first. When I turned the binding I turned the whole thing and machine sewed it down. You can't see the binding from the back of the quilt. Worked out great for a binding that I felt was good for the front but really didn't match the back. I will use this method again. The thick binding makes a little frame around the quilt and because it is kinda chunky, it adds to the puffy, soft look. I do not know who made this quilt top and donated it to our LQG, but I know somebody will be happy with this quilt.
Here's the back. I really like the way the quilting showed up on the back! Click on the pic and you can see more detail. I also really like the red thread.
I'm happy to link up with Richard and Tanya Quilts for the Link-A-Finish FRIDAY.
I'm also linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts: