Wednesday, December 4, 2013

WIP Wednesday 12.4.13

Now that it's December I need to look at what I want to accomplish in 2014.  My WIP list is long...  I would like to get my WIP list down in 2014.  I'm not going to promise to not start any new projects because I know that I will.  I know I will continue to participate in the monthly Block Lotto drawings and do a few things for my local quilt guild.  Here's 29 finishes I hope to complete in 2014.  It's an ambitious list, but I think I can do it.  This is what I would like to accomplish in 2014:

January
1.  Name baby quilt for baby due in February.
2.  Pieced baby quilt for baby due in February.
3.  LQG Just 6" squares charity quilt.
4.  Quilt Doodle Designs BOM quilt.
29.  Starburst QA at Canoe Ridge (not even started yet).
February
5.  Amanda Murphy Designs Ugly Fabric Quilt (which really isn't ugly at all).
6.  Finding Nemo scrappy trip quilt.
28. 2nd Split Decision baby quilt (for a customer!)
March
7.  Digging up Bones Dinosaur quilt.
8.  Celtic Solstice (Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2013).
April
 9.  Split Stars (blocks won from Block Lotto; October, 2012)
 10.  African Violet baby quilt (Block Lotto inspired)
 11.  Tall Fly (blocks won from Block Lotto; January 2013)
12.  Start/finish a teacher gift quilt (wall hanging).
May
12.  Butterfly Blocks (that I won)
13.  Orange/Blue Fish Blocks (that I won)
June
14.  Longarm purple charity quilt for LQG (it's a large one).
15.  Picadilly Circle (hopefully this will be a county fair entry.)
July
16.  Rock Island Campfire Quilt
17.  Snowman wall hanging (hopefully this will be a county fair entry).
18.  Framed quilt block (hopefully this will be a county fair entry.)
August
19.  Block Swap Adventure Sampler (2011-2012)
20.   We Can Do It Skill Builder Sampler
September
21.  Dutchman's Puzzle
22.  Scrappy Christmas QA (I think I am going to straight-line quilt this one.)
23.  Spring Mystery 2013 (still need to rip out those early longarming eyelashes)
24.  LQG Ship charity quilt
October
25. ...And Sew On BOM at Quiet Play (one block to go)
26. MSBHQAL (Molli Sparkles Broken Herringbone Quilt Along)
November
Start the 2014 Bonnie Hunter Mystery
December
27.  Maroon Star Sampler Quilt

Here's what happened this week:
I completed 2/3 of step 1 for Celtic Solstice.



I got four of twelve blocks done for step 2 of the Downton Abbey QA -- Notice this isn't even on my finishes for 2014 list!



I sorted and organized a lot of my scraps.  I cut a big jar of 2"squares.  I will do these as "filler" blocks here and there for when I need some mindless sewing and make a scrap vomit quilt.


I'm working on the binding for my tall geese Block Lotto quilt.





New Projects
1.  Celtic Solstice (Bonnie Hunter Mystery 2013)
 

Pieces Still Need to be Cut & Sewn
1.  Herringbone OSU quilt
2.  Digging up Bones (Owen's dinosaur quilt) -- Received blocks this week 12.2.13
3.  Quilt Doodle Designs BOM (one more month to go!!!)
4.  Rock Island Campfire Quilt
5.  Picadilly Circle
6. ...And Sew On BOM at Quiet Play (one block to go)
7.  MSBHQAL (Molli Sparkles Broken Herringbone Quilt Along)
8.  Downton Abbey Mystery QA

Blocks Still Need to be Made
1.  NY Beauty
2.  Orca Bay
3.  We Can Do It Skill Builder Sampler
4.  Red/White Flower Basket Quilt
5.  Maroon Star Sampler Quilt
6.  Color coordinated hexagon quilt
7.  Gourmet Quilter Sampler
8.  Bluepatch Mystery Quilt
9.  Amanda Murphy Designs (ugly fabric quilt)
10.  Drunkard's Path Variation baby quilt
11.  Finding Nemo Scrappy Trip quilt
12.  Quilt Doodle Designs 2013 BOM -- One more block to make

Blocks are made but need to be sewn together (and/or some sashing)
1.  Block Swap Adventure Sampler (2011-2012)
2.  Butterfly Blocks (that I won)
3.  Orange/Blue Fish Blocks (that I won)
4.  Split Stars (blocks won from Block Lotto; October, 2012)
5.  African Violet baby quilt (Block Lotto inspired)
6.  Tall Fly (blocks won from Block Lotto; January 2013)

Quilts back needs to be made (tops are done)
1.  Grandma's WIP -- Cameo Rose (this one is a long-term project)
2.  Grandma's WIP #2 (This is also a long-term project)
3.  Snowman mini quilt (red #1)

Ready to longarm
1.  Dutchman's Puzzle
2.  Scrappy Christmas QA (I think I am going to straight-line quilt this one.)
3.  Spring Mystery 2013 (still need to rip out those early longarming eyelashes)
4.  LQG Ship charity quilt
5.  LQG Just 6" Squares
6.  2nd Split Decision baby quilt (for a customer!)
Quilted, needs binding
1.  Block Lotto Tall Geese quilt -- hoping for a Friday finish

Completed this week:
 Nothing
This keeps my WIP count to 37.

 Linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

2 comments:

Quiltingranny said...

Best of luck in 2014 Kathy, I try to catch up every year and have even been successful I believe once! It is just to fun to NOT start new projects. Speaking of which, gotta run have some things for an upcoming Girl Scout bazaar to finish!

Sara said...

At least you have all your thoughts organized on here. I need to do that! A friend of mine is doing the Downton Abbey QAL as well.