Sunday, December 22, 2013

Celtic Solstice Clue 4 Complete

Four patch fun!  I spent this weekend working on Clue 4 of Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt -- Celtic Solstice.  I'm happy to say that I am done with Clue 4!!!  Now I can get back to casually working on those chevrons from Clue 2.  I just don't know why I can't get those chevrons done...
 
I am using grey in place of Bonnie's orange and brown in place of Bonnie's green.  I think sometimes the clues take me a little longer than they should because I am using the smallest of scraps that I can.  Then when I make the block it seems like every time I turn over the block after pressing that I have to sit and admire it because I just can't believe how great the colors go together.  Then I think...I should make a quilt with fabrics like this...  and on and on.
 
Here's what I have done so far.
 
I'm not sure if I'm liking the bright pinks, but we shall see.
 
I only have 35 chevrons done. 

I linked this post up with the Quiltville linky party for Clue 4.  Check out what everybody is doing.

mysterymonday1

4 comments:

Anita said...

Looking good so far! I like the pink!

DaniQuilts said...

Yes, I like the pink too! Looks great!

Libby in TN said...

Girl, you have my number! Those chevrons .... admiring the progress ... I can relate. I love to see the different color combinations. I was very bold and substituted red for the orange. LOL

Vireya said...

You got step 4 done so quickly, perhaps you will have time this week to get some more chevrons sewn. I'm really looking forward to seeing how Bonnie puts all these parts together!