Saturday, July 13, 2013

Aiming for Accuracy - Lesson 3

Here's Unit B5 for the Aiming for Accuracy QA.  Yep.  I know it doesn't look like everybody else's block.  I didn't cut the quarter square triangles correctly.  I thought I knew what I was doing and went ahead and whipped all my sub units together.  Then I realized that they were not all the same.  I just kept arranging and putting them together.  I could have done a better job of breaking up the colors by value.  I'm just going to let this one ride.  The recipient of this quilt doesn't have much to do with quilting and will be happy with a quilt.  Maybe the scrappiness of the quilt in whole won't draw your eye to this block.  This is supposed to be a learning experience.  ...and guess what?  When I was finished this block measured 21.5" x 21.5".  That's what it was supposed to be!!!  Mission accomplished!

 
 
Aiming for Accuracy Quilt-Along


No comments: