Saturday, July 6, 2013

July Goal - A Lovely Year of Finishes

My July goal for a lovely year of finishes is to complete my MMMRR13.  That stand for Modern Mini Mystery Round Robin 2013.  This was a swap that our lovely Michelle hosted at Quilts From My Crayon Box.  My quilt started out as a little block and was sent to five others who added a border.  Here's how my little quilt started out:

Oh, it's called the Tic Tac Toe block.  I got it from The Quilter's Cache.
http://www.quilterscache.com/M/MiniTicTacToeBlock_Page2.html
Here's a sneak peek at what Kim Johnson in Michigan did to my quilt -- it's amazing applique!



I still need to make a quilt back and quilt my MMMRR13.  The big reveal date on Michelle's blog is on 7/24.  It's been a busy busy summer with my six-year-old.  Let's hope I have time to finish the back and get this puppy on the frame!

I'm linking up with A Lovely Year of Finishes with this as my goal to have finished by the end of July -- but hopefully by 7/24.  See what the others are doing at http://www.fiberofallsorts.blogspot.com/2013/07/july-lovely-year-of-finishes-goal.html

A Lovely Year of Finishes

Mini

2 comments:

Teresa in Music City said...

Cute sneak peek! I love Round Robins but I've never participated in one. Gotta put that on my Bucket List :*)

Michele said...

I can't wait to see how it turned out.