Friday, August 2, 2019

Looking For My OMG Quilt Project -- I Found a Squirrel...

Squirrel!  While in the process of trying to locate my July OMG project that was tucked in a bag in a bin under our son's trampoline in the longarm room... I found a Ziploc bag with my Christmas Improv quilt.  It was a quilt along at with Beth at Love Laugh Quilt blog that happened as a Christmas QA in 2014.  I realized that improv may not have been for me at that time.  I did have one more block to finish, which was the truck block.  When I found the blocks this week I realized that making the truck block wasn't going to make this quilt any better.  I already had leftover red that I could easily use for the border.  This red fabric was left over from my Ohio quilt.  I sewed the blocks together and NOW it is a completed top!  Surprise!


I can't say I love this quilt.  I do love the fact that I am not afraid to try new things and that I have the scraps to allow it.

 I did not get all the binding stitching done on my OMG (Cafe' Mocha -- Ugly Fabric quilt.)  We went on a little trip.  Pics of that to follow later...  Looks like I'll make that my AUGUST OMG goal.

Here's what it looks like;


I went out of my comfort zone and started putting a GREEN binding on it.  There are little flecks of green in the brown fabric in the border and winds through the blocks.  It looks great so far...

Linking up Cafe' Mocha -- Ugly Fabric quilt with the August OMG goals at Elm Street Quilts.


I'm linking up with Can I Get a Whoop Whoop? here.


I'm linking up with My Busy Hands Quilts for Finished or Not Friday, here.

Finished or Not Friday at Busy Hands Quilts

4 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

That's the good thing about most of our quilting goals... It's ok if they are moving targets!!

Kate said...

Congrats on the finish and good luck with your August OMG.

Lisa J. said...

Good luck with the goal Kathy. I think your squirrel project is really cute good work making it a fast finish.

Patty said...

Great quilt top - thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck on your project.