Tuesday, August 13, 2019

December Block Lotto (2018) Scrappy Stars is a TOP!

Yesterday while working on finding pieces of fabric for a pieced back for my Fortune Teller Quilt, I found a bag of December Scrappy Stars that I won in the Block Lotto in December, 2018.  I wanted instant gratification and put them together into a crib quilt! 


The color of the month for the RSC is bright blue.  I think this will work for a nice project to work on this week.  Color paramaters for the block lotto that month was scrappy purples and blues (lights and darks).  I also found this big piece of fabric that was pieced in my scraps.  It was pieced by someone else.  I'm going to use it for the back of this quilt.  I'm not a batik fan, but I have them in my scraps because someone gave them to me.  I'll use it.  I just need to add a top and bottom so that I can attach it to my longarm frame with my clips.  It's just big enough for the back -- PERFECT!


2 comments:

patty a. said...

It is so funny that when we are looking for something in out stash, we find something else that catches our eye and diverts out attention away from what we were looking for! LOL!! This is going to be a cute baby quilt. I like your Fortune Teller quilt too. That block would be a good one to use up scrap strips.

Karen said...

Yay! Nice to see a top together. I think I spy some of my blocks there!