Thursday, August 29, 2019

Soul Searching Quilt Top Complete -- Or Is It?

I finished my Soul Searching Quilt Top of nine blocks a couple of months ago.  This has been a secret project for a couple of years (2016ish?)


This is my swap quilt with one of my quilty friends, Julianne at Quilting with Calicos.  A couple of years ago I sent her a pattern and we were going to make quilt tops from our scraps and swap them when the quilt was complete.  Originally we were just going to follow the RSC colors for that year and make a 12 block quilt.  Life got in the way. 

Now she's back on her feet -- literally, and the swap is on.  Julianne received her quilt top in sunny California yesterday.  I can post this now!!!  I can't wait to see what mine looks like.  Julianne LOVES bold fabrics.  My scraps are all over the place.  I can't wait to see the difference.




5 comments:

Julierose said...

This is a lovely top--great pattern hugs, Julierose

The Joyful Quilter said...

Super fun!!! Although, I get attached to my RSC quilts. SEW not sure that I could actually give one away! Maybe...

Linda Swanekamp said...

It is a gorgeous quilt! Would have loved to see it in my mail!

patty a. said...

The top turned out wonderful! I like the color variations.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That is a GREAT finish!! Love all the colors!