Saturday, August 10, 2019

Construction of the Driveway and Front Yard

FINALLY!  My husband has gotten BOTH his excavator and his bulldozer running on the SAME DAY!  He has a lot of WIPs too, but he played in his big sandbox in our yard this week.


Here he is just clearning a few trees that were behind the house.  He picks up sticks hydraulically.

I was just coming home from taking our son bowling...  You can kinda get an idea of the before shot of our yard.  Last year he took out the steps to the side of the house.  You can see the "new" house that we built (are building) in the background by the white truck.  That is the house where my longarm is.  I do all of my regular sewing and piecing in the green house in front.


This is where I had to park all last year.  I tried not to complain too much that our son and I had to walk through the grass every morning so that I could drive him to school or down the lane to the bus stop at 6:25 every morning.  Our shoes got wet a lot and it's a pain to change shoes for that...


Looks like I parked in his way today...


Better find a new place to park.  He's going to need a lot of room!


He's clearing out the whole area from one dive to another to cut a new driveway to the other house.



Now the bulldozer comes out to play.




I'll park here for now.  I don't think he'll mess with this section of grass.



Guess I won't have to mow this section of the front yard for a while.


Here's a great shot of my husband!  He's my sweetie!


Pic of the front yard for now.


Somebody will be busy with his metal detector for a while!  School starts on 8/21/19.  He'll be in sixth grade.  Maybe I'll get to sew a little before school starts.  I'll be able to see him from my sewing machine!  That would be great!!!  Here he is posing by his new big dirt pile of fun.




I usually can't get these videos to work in my blog, but I'll give it a shot...


From the front step to the side...  Owen too this pic.


He was supposed to be taking a picture of me when the bulldozer came by and he took a picture of that instead.  LOL.  Funny kid.  Oh, and don't worry about the Michigan shirt even though we live in Ohio and everybody in the family LOVE Ohio State...  I wear what I find at garage sales.


Until next time!  I'm taking Owen to his last baseball event of this summer (a poker run with one of the league sponsors.)  We are there to support their fundraiser, but we will be gone most of the day.  Can't wait to see what the lawn looks like when we get home.

1 comment:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Oh, goodness, Kathy! Talk about living in a construction zone...
LOVE Owen's squirrel... er... bulldozer photo!! LOL! The BEST shot was Owen. King of the Dirt Hill. Here's hoping he's too busy with that to notice that you are sewing the rest of the summer away!