Sunday, April 8, 2018

Slow Stitching Sunday -- an Old WIP

As I was searching through some old embroidery/sewing supply boxes that I had as a teen I found this project:

I remember purchasing it at Gold Circle when I worked there in 1983.  I worked on it on and off for a couple of YEARS!  I still LOVE the saying.  I know that I didn't center the project because it came with a heart-shaped plastic frame that my sister threw away.  I will frame it and hang it in my sewing room.  I still have the original pattern I will tuck it behind the project inside the frame.  This is my very first cross stitch project.

(The snow on the Ohio ground is playing tricks with my brain.)  Oh well...I love our beautiful Ohio.  (Pictures our 11 year old took while driving down the driveway this week are below.  It's gorgeous!)  There was no school today because it was still "Spring Break".




I'm linking up at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.  Linky party for 4/8/18 is here. 

7 comments:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Such a pretty project to work on ! :) Enjoy.

Ivani said...

Such cute project and very well stitched.

The Cozy Quilter said...

We’ve had snow on the ground a few mornings this week too. It’s snowing now, actually...ugh. Time to get your cross stitch project framed and on display.

Anne Ida said...

Such a pretty embroidery! And what a treasure to find! Lovely winter pictures, but happy spring is approaching :-)

Quilter Kathy said...

Oh my... doesn't look like spring at all!
Such a lovely hand stitched treasure!

CathieJ said...

Your first cross-stitch project is very pretty. I was driving through snow to get to Boston on Friday. I was not happy. It did look very pretty though, just like it does in your pictures.

Anonymous said...

That definately deserves a place on the wall