Friday, August 21, 2015

Friday Finish -- The 2015 Pegasus Charity Quilt

I had a GORGEOUS Friday finish today, if I can say so myself.  This quilt was a group effort of my local quilt guild.  It is a charity quilt that will be auctioned at a Gala to benefit Pegasus Farms. 

I know that I made two blocks for the quilt last year.  The quilt was recently put together and I was selected to do the longarm quilting on it.  Although it is my most timely quilting template to use (of the Circle Lord Giant Boards), it is well worth the time and effort of this quilting pattern.  It is called Cosmos.  It gives the quilt such a feminine touch.

Here's the back.  If you click on the pictures you can see more detail.

 
Hope the "guild girls" don't get mad that it touched the ground.  Luckily it wasn't muddy (this time).

 
LOVE this pattern.  I'll update my blog later today to let you know the name of the pattern.  All the paperwork is in the "extras" bag that travels with the quilt in case of a mishap or something.  There are fun scraps in there.  This fabric is JUST GORGEOUS.  I'm not a batiks fan very often, but I love the gold streaks in this fabric.

 
I'm linking up with Richard and Tanya Quilts for Link-a-Friday Finish.  Have a great week!  Now that school is back in session I hope to have NUMEROUS finishes to show you.
 
LAFF - Richard and Tanya Quilts

4 comments:

Julie said...

Beautiful batiks here. What a lovely project with so many hands involved!

Shannon said...

This is so pretty! I love the piecing pattern and the lovely colors show it off great. I hope your guild appreciates the quilting!

Julianne said...

Great job as always girl! Thats a really pretty quilt!

Michele said...

It is really nice and should do well at the event.