Tuesday, August 27, 2013

WIP Wednesday 9.4.13

Here we are!  The little man has returned to school.  I see a LOT of quilting in my future!  Here's what happened this week:

I finished the 8th of 9  paper-pieced blocks for the ...And Sew On BOM @ Quiet Play.



I made a sample hashtag block.  I saw it on another blog and just had to make a sample.



I've been working on my Star Surround blocks.  They keep getting moved here and there after I lay them out and then I have to lay them out again.  I hate when that happens.



I'm almost done with the binding on a charity quilt for the local guild.  Here's some of the quilting:



It's my first attempt at crosshatching.




New Projects None

Pieces Still Need to be Cut & Sewn
1.  Herringbone OSU quilt
2.  Digging up Bones (Owen's dinosaur quilt) -- Gave blocks to LQG Round Robin swap 4.23.13
3.  Quilt Doodle Designs BOM
4.  Rock Island Campfire Quilt
5.  Picadilly Circle
6.  Snowman quilt (pattern from Debbie Mum's book)
7.  Star Surround QA at Happy Quilting blog
8.  ...And Sew On BOM at Quiet Play

Blocks Still Need to be Made
1.  NY Beauty
2.  Orca Bay
3.  We Can Do It Skill Builder Sampler
4.  Red/White Flower Basket Quilt
5.  Maroon Star Sampler Quilt
6.  Color coordinated hexagon quilt
7.  Gourmet Quilter Sampler
8.  Bluepatch Mystery Quilt
9. Amanda Murphy Designs (ugly fabric quilt)
10.  Drunkard's Path Variation baby quilt
11.  Finding Nemo Scrappy Trip quilt

Blocks are made but need to be sewn together (and/or some sashing)
1.  Block Swap Adventure Sampler (2011-2012)
2.  Butterfly Blocks (that I won)
3.  Orange/Blue Fish Blocks (that I won)
4.  Split Stars (blocks won from Block Lotto; October, 2012)
5.  African Violet baby quilt (Block Lotto inspired)
6.  Tall Fly (blocks won from Block Lotto; January 2013)

Quilts back needs o be made (tops are done)
1.  Grandma's WIP -- Cameo Rose (this one is a long-term project)
2.  Grandma's WIP #2 (This is also a long-term project)
3.  LQG Christmas charity quilt
5.  Lucky Stars

Ready to longarm
1.  Dutchman's Puzzle
2.  Scrappy Christmas QA (I think I'm going to straight-line quilt this one)
3.  Spring Mystery 2012 (still need to rip out those early longarming eyelashes)
4.  Easy Street (still have no idea how to quilt this big one)

5.  Geese blocks from May 2013 Block Lotto
6.  LQG Ship charity quilt
7.  Tumbler Charm quilt

Quilted, needs binding
1. LQG Jacob's Ladder charity quilt

Each Wednesday I try to link up with Lee at Freshly Pieced.  Check out what others are doing!


WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

No comments: