Wednesday, July 4, 2012

WIP Wednesday 7.4.12

Happy 4th of July.  It's a busy summer.  Here's what happened this past two weeks:

Completed my school house blocks for the June Block Lotto.

 

I made a contemporary block for my July swap partner in the Block Swap Adventure.  I see some modern quilts in my future.

Of course, it's one of my favorites... Drunkard's Path. LOVE those curves!

I worked on cleaning out my scrap drawer.  I started a scrappy Tumbler quilt.  I hope to have NO REPEAT fabrics in it.  This should take forever, but will be fun when it's done.  It's going to be a big one of 36 tumblers per row.  Here's row one and part of row two:


Here's the requested block for my June Swap partner:

 0 
Completed Projects -- 3

Block Lotto Schoolhouse - all 9 blocks completed for June
Block Swap Adventure (June Block)
Block Swap Adventure (July Block)
New Projects - 1

Scrappy Tumbler Quilt
Currently and SLOWLY in Progress: 7

Cafe Mocha (In the Bag Ugly Fabric quilt challenge)
New York Beauty QA (need a ton of pinwheels... only 8 beauties completed)
Dutchman's Puzzle (finally purchased border 5/14/12.)
Summer Series Quiltalong (stilll need more random blocks)
We Can Do It Skill Builder Sampler (need six very pretty blocks to be caught up!)
Drunkard's Path Quiltalong (still piecing sub assemblies)
Modern Mini Round Robin (waiting on next partner)
Scrappy Tumbler Quilt

Quilt Tops to be quilted: 4

Oh Susannah! Mystery QA -- California King
Kaleidoscope QA
Jelly Roll Race - Lap quilt
Chasing Chevrons (back made and ready finally)
Quilt guild swap quilt
Projects on Hold: 5
Flower Basket Quilt
August Block Lotto African Violets baby quilt
Orca Bay (piecing together the last step) (I'm getting tired of moving these bins around.)
Victorianna Fabric Party Quiltalong (need five rows to catch up)
Bluepatch Quilter Mystery Quiltalong (need two stars and one braid)

Stop by and see who else has what else going on with Lee at Freshly Pieced!
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

3 comments:

Diana and LaDonna said...

There's something so classic about red and white quilts. Love it! Your tumbler quilt will be beautiful when done and, while a challenge, will be so worth it in the end! Good luck!

LaDonna

The Thompsons said...

Love your Drunkard paths...and I'm looking forward to seeing your scrappy tumblers all done. What a great idea!

Jessica Kelly said...

love the scrappy tumbler and the drunkards path blocks, great WIPs! thanks for linking up!